capela de sant’ana • the chapel

The Chapel of Sant’Ana, within the complex of the Garden of Jose do Canto Foundation, is located in the extreme southwest of the Garden.

Founded in 1624 by Antonio de Frias, "licensed, good scholar and a knight of Christ", and his wife.

A typical and well-preserved example of 17th Century Azorean religious architecture, it was registered as a building of public interest by Resolution No. 64/84 of 30 April 1984 by the Regional Government.

The chapel is open for visitation and performances of cultural events and religious acts.

A Capela de Sant’Ana, integrada no complexo da Fundação do Jardim José do Canto, está situada no extremo sudoeste do Jardim. 

Fundada em 1624 por António de Frias, “licenciado, bom letrado e cavaleiro do hábito de Cristo”, e sua mulher.

Típico e bem conservado exemplar da arquitetura religiosa micaelense de seiscentos. Foi classificada como imóvel de interesse público pela Resolução nº 64/84 de 30 de Abril do Governo Regional dos Açores.

A Capela pode ser visitada e nela se podem realizar diversos eventos culturais e atos religiosos.